-->
OATMEAL LEMON CREME BARS
These Oatmeal Lemon Creme Bars area unit guaranteed to be your new favorite! With a tart, however Citrus limon filling and a streusel oatmeal topping, these area unit arduous to place down!


Lucky on behalf of me, I have to be compelled to make a choice from an out of this world assortment of recipes from Debi of Life Currents. Debi could be a feeder blogger WHO focuses on victimization healthy, whole food ingredients in her change of state. making an attempt to choose that of her recipes to create was SUPER difficult! there have been such a big amount of wonderful decisions, like this cornmeal mush pizza pie that she recently announce, or this Tomato cheese Slow cookware Soup, that I’m undoubtedly progressing to seek before long. She conjointly incorporates a formula for Cinnamon raw throat Tea that I’m filing away for all of these sick days within the future!

What I ultimately set my sight on, though, were these unbelievable trying Oatmeal Lemon Creme Bars. the instant I noticed them whereas searching for Debi’s diary, I knew I had to create them! I will ne'er flip down a lemon bar, which breakable oatmeal topping simply appeared to be business out my name!

So I gave in after all, and simply created them. 😉 Y’all, these lasted all of twenty four hours at our house. I did provides a couple to at least one of my friends, and my husband took one in to at least one of his coworkers, except for the foremost part…. they were eaten up by United States of America alone!





Ingredients


  • ½ cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup old-fashioned oats
  • 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
  • 2 teaspoon lemon zest
  • ¼ cup lemon juice
  • ¼ teaspoon lemon extract

Instructions


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a square 8x8 baking pan and set aside.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer over medium speed until crumbly.
  3. In a separate smaller mixing bowl whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder. Add oats to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix well.
  4. Press 3/4 of the oat mixture into the prepared pan. In a small bowl mix together sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and lemon extract. Spread evenly on top of the oat mixture in the pan. Top with the remaining oat mixture.
  5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let cool, then refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Cut into bars and store in the refrigerator.

Recipe From : Bella Of The Kitchen

LihatTutupKomentar

Histats