-->
Sourdough English Muffins
In my, not so affected person, wait to make Sourdough Bread with my new Sourdough Starter, I’ve determined to attempt homemade Sourdough English desserts! I just couldn’t take a seat and study that frothy sweet goodness anymore with out incorporating it into some thing in my kitchen!


This week I made my first batch of  Sourdough English desserts, and they were a success! The a laugh part of English desserts is that they're made similar to pancakes, and now not baked like your typical bread recipes.

In case you’re looking these sparkling for breakfast, I propose making them on the weekend if each person needs to get out the door for work. I made the mistake of attempting to have them prepared for hubby throughout the week, and he was quite bummed once they were just hitting the pan on his manner out the door. Sorry, hubs!

However I redeemed myself by way of having them prepared with home made butter and jam the next morning!  i used to be forgiven…  And asked now not to shop for English cakes from the store again! That became an easy request to fill, thinking about how easy and notable those English muffins became out to be!



Ingredients


  • 1/2 cup sourdough starter
  • 2 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • cornmeal for dusting.

Instructions


  1. In a medium/large bowl combine your frothy starter with 2 cups of the flour and the milk.
  2. Stir to incorporate and cover with plastic.
  3. Allow this to sit for at least 8 hours. I started this in the morning, the day before, and left it to sit until the morning (about 18 hours.)
  4. Add the remaining ingredients combine.
  5. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead (my favorite part !) for 4-5 minutes.
  6. Roll the dough out to about 3/4 inch.
  7. Cut out your muffins (I used the top of a glass that was about the right size, dusted with flour) and transfer them to parchment paper that has been lightly dusted with cornmeal.
  8. Allow them to rest for at least 45 minutes. This is the part that threw off my timing for hubby's breakfast. Sorry again!!
  9. Before rolling out the remaining dough, allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
  10. Place the muffins in a skillet, preferably cast iron, preheated to medium heat.
  11. Cook on each side for 6- 8 minutes.

LihatTutupKomentar

Histats