-->
Shrimp Etouffee
i am so excited about today’s recipe.  The last couple of summers I went to Baton Rouge, Louisiana for foodie activities and that i fell in love with Southern ingredients.  i've never tasted food with such taste and aptitude.  I guess that’s because warm sauce originated in Louisiana?  an area after my personal heart,  I assume I may additionally have a bit Southern female in me?  This past weekend it changed into cool and windy out and i used to be yearning a few appropriate vintage southern comfort meals, so I concept i might strive making Shrimp Etouffee, suggested ay/too/fay. Oh my gosh, awesome!  that is my favourite southern recipe i've made to this point, next to my Southern Biscuits.


This shrimp dish is thick, hearty, slightly highly spiced and flavors of onions, garlic, tomatoes and Cajun seasoning. it's miles a traditional New Orleans dish. For the recipe I used my home made Cajun Seasonings and to add a touch of heat I introduced a few dashes of Louisiana warm Sauce. This dish takes about an hour to make, but it’s very simple.

I served the recipe with brown rice that I cooked in bird broth. The rice simply picks up all the juices inside the recipe and that i enormously advocate rice or even quinoa. To make the rice like within the photograph’s, I just packed it into a half of cup measuring cup and then took a butter knife round the rims. It popped proper into my dish. I assume it’s quite cool looking. That became the primary time i've ever done that.




Ingredients


  • ¼ cup butter
  • ¼ cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • ½ cup sliced celery
  • ½ cup chopped green peppers
  • 2 tbsp minced garlic
  • 2 tbsp. fresh thyme
  • 2 cup chicken broth, low sodium
  • 1 ( 14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1 tbsp. cajun seasoning
  • 1 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
  • 2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 2 tsp. hot sauce
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tbsp. butter
  • 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
  • ¼ cup chopped scallions (green onions)
  • 2 tbsp. fresh parsley

Rice:

  • 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
  • 2½ cups brown rice (I used instant)

Instructions


  1. Season shrimp with about a tablespoon of Cajun seasoning. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
  2. Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat, cook until melted; add the flour, whisking constantly until dark brown (color of peanut butter), about 10 minutes.
  3. Add the onion, celery and peppers to the roux and cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
  4. Add the garlic and thyme and cook for a minute.
  5. Whisk in the broth, add the tomatoes, Cajun seasoning and Worcestershire sauce and simmer for 20 minutes.
  6. Add the shrimp and cook until cooked, about 5 minutes.
  7. Season with hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
  8. Mix in the butter, lemon juice, green onion and parsley.
  9. To make rice:
  10. Bring 2 cups chicken broth to a boil. Stir in rice, bring to a bowl, lower heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. (I started the rice when the Shrimp Etouffee was simmering for 20 minutes)
  11. Evenly divide rice and Shrimp Etouffee between 6 bowls.

LihatTutupKomentar

Histats