-->
Sweet Fried Plantains (Platanos Maduros Fritos)
Fried Sweet Plantain Slices (Platanos Maduros Fritos) ~ delicious sweet, ripe plantains cooked to the letter. straightforward and simple, this is often the simplest starter or dish for any meal.

When I was a young kid, i used to be a meticulous eater. this is often one thing my mummy likes to ring a bell in me on every occasion I complain concerning my daughter’s tough feeding habits.


The truth is that I don't would like my mother’s constant reminder of however meticulous i used to be. I recollect it clearly. I bear in mind that for several years, there have been solely some of meals i might eat. the amount one being these Sweet cooked Plantains in the course of disorganised eggs. That was my meal of selection. The second was this Sweet Plantains and Picadillo Casserole as a result of I simply blue-eyed sweet plantains in each approach.

I blue-eyed these dishes most that at some purpose, I refused to eat anything. Naturally, in real Dominican mummy kind, my mother began creating it on behalf of me each day, thrice each day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), till I failed to need to eat it any longer. Not as a result of i ended feeling them, however as a result of I had simply devoured approach an excessive amount of of it and commenced desire one thing else.

Maduros or plátano maduro area unit merely mature plantains. When ripe, plantains become sweet and therefore the skin starts turning yellow. because it continues to ripen, the skin starts turning black and therefore the a lot of black the skin is that the sweeter the plantain. Maduros may be well-done cooked, cooked and baked. it's actually approach less complicated to cook sweet plantains than inexperienced plantains, however each area unit even as tasty in several ways that.




Ingredients


  • 2 very ripe, sweet plantains
  • 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
  • salt (optional)

Instructions


  1. In a frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
  2. Peel plantains and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices. Add to the frying pan.
  3. Cook on each side until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the oil into a plate covered with a paper towel to remove excess grease. Sprinkle with a little salt, if desired.
  4. Serve warm as a side dish or appetizer.

Recipe From : Smart Little Cookie

LihatTutupKomentar

Histats